Sep 11, 2011

9/11 Ten Years Later

Ten years ago today, I remember driving from my speech class to my history class at Hinds when I heard the news on the radio about the north tower of the World Trade Center being hit by an airplane. Just like everyone else, I was in disbelief. How devastating. I remember getting to my history class and it was all anyone could talk about. Our teacher discussed it with us for the first half of the class. I remember watching the news just about all day every day that week.... grieving for the families who couldn't find their loved ones.

It's ten years later, and today was also quite emotional. Watching the specials on tv about Flight 93, the towers, and the Pentagon really makes me sad... especially now that I have a family of my own. I couldn't imagine what these widows were/are going through with small children. How could anyone explain to their child that their daddy isn't coming home? I hope I never have to do that.


We spent our morning at Fannin United Methodist Church where my father-in-law is the music director. This is a really small country church, but one of the most hospitable churches I've ever attended. Everyone makes a point to say hello and actually get to know you.

Fannin UMC
Robbie's dad called him Friday night and asked if he would come share his testimony in the service Sunday morning since the preacher was out sick. Of course he would! He already had a speech planned because he shared a similar story at the Cursillo reunion just a few months ago. Who knew Robbie could preach a sermon?! He did an amazing job today. Also on Sunday morning's line-up was a solo sung by Faith Harris, "Temporary Home". Yet again, another Harris did an awesome job. I was lucky enough to catch her practicing just before the service this morning. Asher thought he'd do a little dance number on the alter while she sang. I couldn't get his cute moves on video, but it was hilarious (and sooo cute)! He's an attention stealer, for sure.





Here is a picture of the dancing.

No comments: