"Working moms have a love-hate relationship with their jobs. On one hand, they told us in our Mom Secrets survey, they hate spending time away from their kids, and miss them like crazy when they’re stuck at work. Walking away from a child crying "Mommy!" at day care is its own special brand of torture. On the other hand, sometimes moms secretly love the escape. After a weekend of breaking up sibling fights, changing dirty diapers and weathering toddler tantrums, even the most hectic workplace can feel like a tranquil oasis."
I have always felt a sense of guilt when I even think about this because I spent lots of time when Asher was little finding ways to stay home with him - work part time, work frome home, not work at all. I was a little bummed out when that didn't work out for me. However, now I feel like if I didn't have some adult interaction during the week, I'd probably go crazy. I guess I'll find out how I really feel in the near future if/when I do get to stay home with Asher all day every day. :)
I'd like to conclude this guilt trip by saying I have a new respect for SAHMs. I do realize how difficult of a job it really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment